Application for Employment
Spoke-N-Sport is always looking for people who are excited about cycling and want to share that with other individuals. Below you will see the positions we are currently offering. If you are interested in a position please stop in with a resume and work references. You can also apply below.
What are we looking for?
What does it take to work at Spoke-N-Sport? Ultimately a love for bikes. We have a lot of different positions available. Some that require you working with other people....other positions that don't.
- You need to LOVE bikes
- LOVE to tell people about bikes
- Great work ethic
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Desire to learn and do better.
What do you get when working at Spoke-N-Sport?
I think the best thing to do is ask some of the people that work at Spoke-N-Sport directly. Swing on by and ask. On paper this is what we offer.
- Great coworkers
- Excellent Full Time Benefits: Health Insurance, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off
- Discount on bikes and bike gear
- Cycling Resources
- An environment that helps you become a better cyclist
Full Time Technician
- Perform bike repairs and service, including tune-ups, brake adjustments, wheel truing, and other maintenance tasks
- Assist customers with bike sales, including basic sizing, and recommending products
- Write service tickets and provide estimates to customers
- Provide outstanding customer service, including answering questions, providing recommendations, and resolving issues
- Maintain a clean and organized shop, including organizing inventory and tools
- Assist with bike assembly
- Keep up to date with industry trends and new products
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in bike repair and maintenance preferred
- Experience with sales and customer service preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve efficiently
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Passion for cycling and knowledge of bike components and accessories
Part Time Mechanic
Duties: Mechanical Work and Assembly
We are looking for a detailed individual that can service bikes. This person needs to understand how a bike works and be able to fix things in a timely manner. Experience helps. Training will be available. We are looking for someone that can work evenings and weekends.
Full Time Sales
If you love cycling and want to share it with others this may be the position for you. Spoke-N-Sport is looking for energetic individuals to fill this position. Hours will vary from day hours to night and weekend hours.
Part Time Sales
If you love cycling and want to share it with others, this may be the position for you. Hours will range between 4 to 8 hours a week and vary from day hours to evening and weekend hours. We are looking for several people to fill this position.
Duties: Assembly of new bikes and some light mechanical work
Every bike sold by Spoke-N-Sport needs to be assembled. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals that are willing to work one to two nights a week and some weekends.
Duties: Service Bicycles
We are looking for a detailed individual that can maintain and service bikes. Needs to understand how a bike works and be able to prescribe and repair in a timely manner. Experience helps but if we find the right person we will provide training.
Experience: 1 - 3 years preferred
Hours: 40 per week + OT in season